Friday, September 23, 2011

Moving Day!


A new chapter started in our life on February 25, 2011. Jackson (1 yr 6 months) and me (27 yrs old) decided to take a leap into the unknown, across the world and in a totally new culture. We arrived at the airport, tired, cranky and stressed. Three check-in bags, one carry-on, one diaper bad, one carseat and one annoyed and agitated dog.  One thing after another went wrong at the airport (to make a long story short)...The airlines (United Airlines) said I couldn't take Colossus, we fought, I had someone come and get Colossus from the airport, Jackson (refusing to walk) and I ran to catch our plane (which we missed), had a 3 hour delay for the next flight. Next, I realized I left all my money in one of the suitcases so only had some change to feed Jackson and myself with until we landed in JFK.
Eventually, we made it to JFK, there I had to claim my luggage (Jackson was STILL refusing to walk). Once I saw how much I had to load on a cart I quickly realized there is no way that I can stack all my stuff on one AND hold Jackson, so I asked for help. Employees at JFK are not allowed to leave their posts to help so therefore, they left me no choice but to (literally) yell down the airport for someone to help me. Finally a random person did, I made it to a taxi and to the next terminal.  
Several hours later, we boarded our next plane (Austrian Airlines) to Vienna (which I thought was in Italy...its not...I guess hence the airline name, lol).  This trip was the easiest and best plane ride I have ever been on. I fell in love with the airlines, they pampered Jackson with toys and games and one-on-one attention so I could rest and relax. 
Twenty-eight hours later...we landed in Cairo International Airport. Home Sweet Home! Greeted by two friends and the love my life! Now, this is where the adventures really get good! 





No comments:

Post a Comment